If that works, I will be eternally grateful!
I'll give it a shot immediately when I get home.
I did try and mess around with PXE last night. And I think my TFTP server went fine. However my PC didn't get any DHCP offers. Maybe It doesn't work with simply a switch.
I then tried a router...until I realized I had turned it into an access point and disabled DHCP on it....I said some well chosen words, and went to bed.
So, I borrowed a CD reader from work, burnt my CD and the installation started fine.
I decided to try raid, since that's new for me. I followed the guide on this site for partitioning, and immediately got an error when rebooting, something about mdadm(?) and error 127. A quick google said that it's a known bug with exr4, so I ran the installer again, and formatted as ext3 instead - and while the same error message occured, atleast the system booted up.
Somehow I then managed to get my NICs backwards, so I think I was trying to act as DHCP for my ISP there a while... woopsie
After realizing that, my initial configuration was up and running, and I can type this again from my regular internet connection... yay!
First impressions on the 6.2 release (I know nothing about under the hood kinf of stuff):
SLOW! The web gui is alot slower than when I ran 5.x
I opened a command line thingy on the server, and the average load was 10.5ish, and went red every now and then, maybe that's why stuff is being slow for me.
Internet connection itself is good though, I get my 95/88 Mb/s, which I suppose must be ok for my 100/100 connection.
The initial setup was a bit weird. I'd like to remember stuff to work out of the box last time, however that could be my mistake, for mixing up my NICs.
I do like the new app-like layout. It made selecting and installing apps very easy!
Thats it for me, good night!