Posted by: Michael Proper on Jul 21, 2010
Thank you to our great development team at ClearFoundation and the many contributions and suggestions from the ClearFoundation community. With each release we improve the over-all feature base and performance of ClearOS, the leading open source linux server, network and gateway solution for small business and distributed environments. The primary ClearOS 5.2 changes include:
- Password policy engine to improve security
- Detailed disk usage reporting to improve storage utilization
- Network traffic analyzer tool to detect bandwidth challenges
- Custom firewall tool to create advanced rules
- H.323 support for VoIP systems
- Improved support for Google Apps and Zarafa in LDAP Directory.
- A base system updated to CentOS 5.5
At ClearFoundation, we are always improving the open source environment for SMB and distributed IT environments with dedicated linux server features such as open source firewall and open source VPN packages. We listen and deliver!
As usual, please consult the Release Notes for specific upgrade information regarding your ClearOS version.
Have fun and thank you!
The ClearFoundation Team & Community